Thursday 22 May 2014

So long, farewell

After 10 weeks of blogging twice a week, we made it!! This blog will be a summary of what we have discussed throughout JN1001. We explored a range of topics, these include:
  1. Commercial and public media;
  2. Convergence in the media;
  3. News values;
  4. Agenda setting;
  5. Print and web;
  6. Pictures and sound;
  7. War, disaster and trauma;
  8. Ethics;
  9. Political economy, and;
  10. Investigative journalism.
In addition, we completed assessment related to the topics taught. First was the personal media diary as evidenced within the tables below, I clearly consume more media then I produce. This was quite shocking for me, I didn't realise that I engaged with media and technology as much as I do. I consumed and produced media through various technologies, these include: general internet, news, visual media, radio and social media which is where I gathered most of my information from. 



In addition, since week 2 all JN1001 students were asked to blog on the lecture material and on something personal; whether that be a news story of interest, a movie review, a special occasion, etc. This was a great opportunity for students to incorporate writing styles and topics discussed to critically examine a particular topic of interest. My personal blogs looked at: the big name, mobile phones, rodeos, a movie review, gender stereotypes, the hill hoist, beauty, Cyclone Ita, The Freedom Writers and Martin Luther King. I also posted a picture story of my car that was damaged during Cyclone Ita (see image below) as well as a news story twisted into a fairy tale. 


So there we are. The weeks have flown by and I have learn't so much. My view on journalism has certainly been broadened and I can now understand the challenges journalists face. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog as much as I have had writing them. 

Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment